Just click the button above to donate by Paypal or credit/debit card.
Due to the closure of the animal home and the inability to hold any fundraising events, Hillfield Animal Home are now depending on the kindness of our community to help keep the branch open and operating now and after the world returns to normal. We can’t survive this without you!
As an independently funded branch of the RSPCA, Hillfield Animal Home relies on the kind donations of the public to keep our doors open to help the animals in need in our local area.
Currently, it can cost between £5,000 – £6,000 per week to keep the centre running and adequately staffed. As well as the food and medical bills required to ensure that the animals are getting the care that they need.
Many people that come through our doors are still surprised to hear that we aren’t completely funded by the national RSPCA. Our day-to-day running costs are paid purely by donations, wills, our charity shops, fundraising events etc. Without those, our doors would have to close, leaving our local animals without the safe haven of Hillfield Animal Home.
Below are some ideas that you could use either in the workplace or in your spare time to help raise funds for us;
- Get spring cleaning and have a car boot!
- Did you know we’re a registered charity on eBay and you can choose to donate a percentage of your selling price to us? Check it out here.
- Have a Bake-Off at work, challenge your colleagues and sell your cakes at £1 per slice!
- Ask people to donate to us rather than buying birthday cards and gifts, send them the link to this page.
- Chat to your HR team at work about making us your charity of the year.
Whatever you do, every little helps and all of the animals and the team at Hillfield are eternally grateful for the help and support from our community.
CALLING ALL HOME HEROES!
Many fundraising events in the UK have been postponed or cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We, along with many other charities, have felt the impact.
As the Coronavirus crisis intensifies we must continue to rescue and care for animals facing shocking cruelty and neglect.
But our dedicated teams are being stretched to their limit, and the number of animals in our care is set to rise.
By taking on the 2.6 challenge, your support, big or small, will help us to continue with the work that we do here at Hillfield Animal Home.
How to get involved
- Dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas at the bottom of this page
- Head to the top of the page to donate however much you wish to
- Ask all of your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
- Complete your challenge
- Optional: Share a picture on social media of you doing your challenge and tag us! @RSPCABurtonUponTrent
Ideas for your challenge!
- Carry out 26 tricks or ball catches with your pet
- Bake 26 animal themed cupcakes/cookies
- Run or walk 26 laps of your garden dressed as your favourite animal
- Do as many bunny hops in 26 seconds
- 26 minute dog walk
- Ask your family to guess 26 animal themed charades
- Name a different animal for each letter of the alphabet
- Create 26 origami animals
- Have a teddy bear picnic with 26 of your teddy bears
- Try your best at 26 animal styled yoga poses